In photography sites, Images are really important and we need to optimize images in SEO friendly manner. We have to keep the things in mind that majority of people come to website via “Google Image search results”.
SEO Tips for Photography Sites
- Don’t Use Flash Sites
- Don’t use same alt tags for bulk images
- Rename images before uploading
- Add Caption to the Images
- Add Long descriptions to the images for covering large number of keywords.
- Post Regular and Unique Contents in the blog section of website.
- In-bound links from trusted websites – Anchor texts should be your keywords.
- Optimize Your Websites – Complete On-Page SEO tips for better search results.
- Identify desired Keywords – Search and make a list of top keywords for your business.
- Optimize urls of website pages/posts – Make URLs of your website SEO friendly.
- Optimize Contents – Content optimization is necessary for better SEO.
- Use proper headings – Try to use one h1 on each page and not to avoid uses of other heading tags as well.
- Optimize Images – Add proper Alt tags , Keyword tags, caption and description to the images. Make sure you have rename images before uploading and try to use SEO friendly image urls.
- Add Sitemap – Create an XML sitemap for your website.
- Check Robots.txt file – Check robots.txt to be ensure, wrong permission has not been set to crawl your website.
- Submit Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools – It is necessary to setup GMT and submit your site’s Sitemap. It is recommended to submit your sitemap to Bing & Yandex webmaster tools as well.
- Install Social/subscription Sharing Buttons – Install Social Icons on website to easily subscribe and share. We would specially recommend to add Pinterest button on all of the images of site.
- Don’t use so many ads, annoying Popups
- Use Canonical Urls – To remove any duplicity problem. We recommend you to use canonical tags.
- Use Good SEO Plugin such as Yoast, All in One for better Search Engine Optimization.
- Optimize Meta tags – Use proper
- USE LSI Keywords – Avoid so many Keyword Stuffing
- Increase Site’s Usability
- Reduce Bounce rate
- Optimize all Images on your website
- Scan and Fix Broken links if any
Final Words – Like websites of other Business themes, Photography websites require SEO work. To increase number of visitors from Google Image search results, we need to optimize images in a better way. You can schedule an appointment with A1 Blogger SEO to get helped regarding your Photography website’s SEO needs.
Leave a Reply